Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Pop-o-Matic" Dice Dome

After my first "Traveling by Chance" trip I realized that a loose die is difficult to roll, and often gets lost in the car!!  So, I decided to try out the traditional "Pop-o-Matic" dice domes from the Milton Bradley games.  The game "Trouble" seems to be the most common game with the Pop-o-Matic dice dome, although there are more, one of which is called "Headache".

I won a "Double Trouble" game on eBay, which is great because it had two dice domes.  I made sure to contact the seller to make sure the domes were working before I bid.

The domes originally came loose in the box and the owner would stick them to the board the first time they played.

The board would be too large to use in the front seat of the car while I am traveling, so I carefully removed the dice domes from the board.

 Some Goo-Gone on a cotton wipe should remove any sticky residue from the base.

Some directional pieces came with the original game, I will keep them just in case I can use them for some other purpose.

While I was searching eBay I discovered that there are other items with the dice dome, such as a keychain and a pen.  I bid on a pen and won it.  It is really small, but I will be using it to make notes during my trips.

Follow-up:  The pen didn't even work as a pen!!  Also, here is a pic of the Burger King kids meal toy this week.  It is a small Trouble game with a miniature pop-o-matic dice dome.  The only problem is that instead of the numbers 1-6, there are the numbers 1-3 and the negative numbers -1 through -3.  I suppose if you can't find a vintage or full-sized dice dome this could work.


© 2010 Traveling by Chance

No comments:

Post a Comment